Thursday 8 July 2010

British Journal of Photography ~ July Issue

~
This time last week, I had just come home from a day spent at Unveiled, an event held by the British Journal of Photography in association with Wedding magazine and Hasselblad. The event was aimed at wedding photographers in the UK; those established and aspiring.

BJP-July-cover

I was thrilled to be asked by the BJP to speak about my experience in the wedding photography industry and to stand up alongside Kat of the infamous RocknRoll bride, to talk about how I began Caught the Light. 

 

I absolutely love my job and feel very passionately about natural wedding photography, believing that there's a direct correlation between valuing your product as a photographer and loving each wedding from start-to-finish. 

I met some lovely new people, wide-eyed and eager to start-up, but also a very nice man called Eddie, who had been photography weddings for 38 years. Can you imagine?! It was a great experience for me to meet some colleagues and discuss all sorts of wedding photography things.

The July issue of the BJP also features a little about me in the Intelligence section. I was interviewed to discuss a bit about how important things like this blog, Facebook & increasingly Twitter, have become to me as a photographer. I like being able to update my website each week with weddings and things like this and I love reading your thoughts and opinions too.

BJP-July-Intelligence-

So, when you get a minute, have a look at the latest issue of the BJP or better still, pick up a subscription using the discount code Unveiled. It's a beautiful monthly and they've just revamped the website, so it's cleaner and more aesthetically aware than ever.
Lastly, if you're an aspiring or even an established wedding photographer, make sure you enter the Unveiled competition

I'm off to Switzerland in the morning, to get ready for a wedding on Saturday. It's been a little grey here in London over the past few days, so let's hope Zurich has a little more sunshine to offer. I'll be able to share last month's destination wedding next week too-a beautiful wedding in Tuscany. 



4 comments:

JasonG said...

I saw you at Unveiled. You really demonstrated your passion for your photography and it was great to see how much you love doing what you do. Your brides (and very rarely, grooms) have certainly chosen their wedding photographer well!

Tenielle said...

Congratulations Chloe!! It must be so rewarding to be recognised for the incredibly hard work you're doing! And doing....so very well!!!

Anonymous said...

Well done Chloe. You & and your work are so imppressive.

Anonymous said...

hey Chloe,
i am very impressed with your work, you take amazing pictures. i've passed your site along to some of my friends back at home.
Also it's incredible how well you're doing, i know how hard it is to get yourself established when you're starting your own business & you're in a really competitive arena. Your work definitely speaks for itself.
so well done girl.